I just love waffles.
I’m the type of person that could easily live off breakfast food for the rest of my life.
Bacon and eggs
Bacon and pancakes drizzled with salted caramel sauce
Avocado and feta on toast with a side of bacon
Bacon with bacon
I love bacon….
Anyways, trouble is that I am on a really low carb/low calorie eating plan at the moment to shed some of my “1st year married slash devastating family loss” weight.
No pancakes and no waffles for me…*sniff
But on the weekend I stepped on the scales and found I’d lost 5kg in just over a month.
So I though that’s cause for a celebration!!!
Here’s a great recipe that didn’t obliterate my diet but still felt like a nice self care treat.
Sometimes you just gotta love yourself and little and celebrate the wins.
- 1 scoop of low carb protein powder (I used vanilla)
- 1/2 tablespoon of LSA mix
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 large egg
- Dash of skinny milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon to sprinkle
- Mixed berries to garnish
- Dollop of Chobani/low fat yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons of Truvia or Stevia
Ps: you will need a waffle maker for this one. I picked mine up for $6 at my local thrift shop!
- Heat the waffle maker
- Combine all the ingredients (except the garnish ones) together at once until you have a nicely combined batter. ( I used my electric mixer but hand mixing is fine and gets you some good guns)
- Pour onto hot waffle maker and let it do its thang
- Plate up and serve with berries, yoghurt and cinnamon with your favourite cup of tea!
- Add some bacon if your heart so desires
Be free to be kind to yourself friends,
x Gem x